Amazon

Friday, February 26, 2016

How I Clean My House




House work.  Ugh.  With a child, dog, and husband, housework is basically never ending.

I heard a kid in school today talking about how he didn't need to learn how to do laundry.  Though I was just passing through, I bestowed upon him my wisdom that he may change his attitude when all his clothes all are bleached.

Laundry is never ending.  Dishes are never ending.  Housework is never ending.

It is.  Let's just all agree on that.  No matter how clean your house is, something will happen, probably that same day, and it will be dirty/messy again.

So even though I feel that housework will always be around, unless I get rich and hire a maid, I still fight the uphill battle.

Today I want to share how I clean my house, or at least try to.  I came up with this cleaning schedule several months ago and try to stick to it.  I may miss a day here or there, but the house generally stays somewhat presentable.  Also, when I follow this schedule, I don't have to spend my weekends cleaning!  I keep up with it throughout the week and have the weekend for fun-or to catch up on chores that might have fallen by the way side.

A little about my family and house.  In my household there is my husband, myself, and Mack.  We also have a 2 year old black lab that loses his weight in hair every year.  Our house is a 2 story older home.  We have a large living room with laminate floor, tile in our kitchen and bathroom, and carpet in the bedrooms.  So hopefully that gives you a general idea of what I have to clean on a regular basis.

Chores that I find important and should be done at least once a week are vacuuming, sweeping the hard flooring, dusting, cleaning the bathroom, changing the sheets, etc.  Chores that I find important but believe need to be done daily or almost daily would be the dishes, laundry, and general picking up.  Because these items are done so frequently, I do not list them on my cleaning chart.

I looked through many posts on Pinterest that have cleaning schedules, but none of them were a complete fit for me.  

I came up with this chart, and it works for me.  I hung it on my refrigerator as a reminder to both myself and my husband of what will hopefully get done during each day of the week.



Things to consider:  
-We have a dog that sheds enormous amounts of hair!  That said, I find it necessary to vacuum at least twice a week.
-If you're wondering about "Furminate Red," the Furminator is the type of brush we use on Red.  It's amazing.  I'll do a review about it later on so you can decide for yourself and see the proof!
-Also, our trash pick up is Thursday.  We try to get it ready the night before to keep from rushing or forgetting in the morning.

I hope this schedule aids you while figuring out just what works for you and your family.

You can download this calendar here!
It is in Google Doc form.  As long as you double click on the days, you should be able to type in your own chores or to do list.  You can print this out as your general cleaning schedule or edit it every week to stay organized.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea, and something that I'd like to start doing for chores around the house. I already have a non-digital version where I keep a calendar for bigger jobs like car maintenance and arranging carpet cleaning. That might be something worth adding to this - a 'every six months' or 'yearly' category for less frequent tasks.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog AND comment! I will do my best to respond to you in a timely manner!